Family Updates

February, Dar, and girly crafts

This February brings with it so many different emotions, I can't even begin to describe the way I'm feeling right now.

February often does that to me. Emotions coming down like sleet, hitting hard at first, then softening once they hit your skin and you embrace them with warmth.

It's just... so... February.

Do you know Dar Williams? I love Dar. When Lucas and I were first dating {actually... almost exactly six years ago... } one of the {many} reasons I fell in love with him was the fact that he had one of Dar's albums. You see, Dar and I are on a first name basis... I saw her in concert once in Portland when I was in high school. She played at a church... if I remember correctly... . and I have loved her ever since. Which puts us on a first name basis.

In any case, today I had her song February stuck in my head. Playing over and over.

And February was so long that it lasted into March
And found us walking a path alone together.
You stopped and pointed and you said, "That's a crocus,"
And I said, "What's a crocus?" and you said, "It's a flower,"
I tried to remember, but I said, "What's a flower?"
You said, "I still love you."
~Dar Williams, February

Love it. That part of the song makes me smile every time I hear it.

You know what else makes me smile? Little girls who get practically giddy while making a Valentine for a certain Daddy! We had our weekly playdate with the kids grandparents today, and their Grandma Lou brought out all sorts of things to make Valentine's with. Fynn lasted about five minutes... but Paige? She LOVED it! She could take or leave paint, but give the girl glitter stickers and some doilies and she's ready to rock and roll. I can see craft boxes filled with glitter and sequins in our future...

Feb 3, 2010 017
Feb 3, 2010 024
Feb 3, 2010 025

Maybe February isn't all that bad after all...

{and yes... that's blue marker on Paige's face... Grandma Lou - I'm sorry, but it was too cute to edit out! It's faded a bit... hopefully it'll come off by the time she's twelve! :)}